For those that don’ know, Galentine’s Day is a “holiday” created by the television Parks and Recreation, and it falls on February 13th. Leslie Knope, the cheerful, ambitious and hard-working protagonist created the special day to celebrate all the wonderful women in her life. Since it’s introduction, Galentine’s Day has hit the mainstream for all to celebrate!
Here are a few ways for female founders to have their own Galentine’s Day:
Send an email to your female clients
- This is both thoughtful and simple to do. Find a cute graphic from the internet, compile a list of all your female clients, draft up some copy and voila! Your clients will appreciate the gesture of you reaching out. You will stay on top of their mind in a positive way (while not directly trying to sell them something).
Give out goodie bags or cupcakes
- This works best if you have a physical office/location or if you meet with clients daily. Put together some nice goodie bags or purchase festive cupcakes and give them out to your clients throughout the day.
Host a party, brunch or luncheon
- If you’re going to go full-out Leslie Knope style, host a get-together! This can be with friends, family and/or clients. Invite all the influential people in your life to come together for a Galentine’s Day brunch or lunch or dinner. You can play games, have meaningful conversations, sip on some champagne and enjoy each other’s company.
Do a Giveaway
- Doing a giveaway or contest will not only allow you to celebrate the holiday, but also allow you to bring some extra traffic to your business’ website or social pages. Create a contest based on social media, invite your clients/followers to share a story about a woman that made an impact of their lives – pick your favorite one, and give them a little prize!
Post on social media
- While not everyone has the budget or time to throw a party or buy goodies, a simple post on social media will show your followers you are celebrating. Again, find a graphic or GIF online and post to your business’ social pages. Give a shout out to a few special females in your life.
Happy Galentine’s Day to all you glorious female warriors!