Network and Do the Hustle!
That’s one of the tips from this great article about what women need to do to get ahead in technology careers. Most of these tips apply to women in any business – service or other.
Network is quite simple. No matter how many clients or customers you currently have, building new relationships is key to growth. Three simple ways to “get out there” in order to grow are:
- Participate in local community events. They can be a great way to interact with prospective clients face-to-face.
- Attend at least one professional industry conference or trade show. Learning from others in your business is invaluable and you’ll meet new potential partners and suppliers and gather new ideas. In the months ahead, we’ll even be launching some special sheBOOM live events!
- No time to get away? LinkedIn and Facebook for Business are great ways to connect with colleagues and deepen current relationships. You can network in your PJs!
Does the thought of talking to strangers give you the jitters? Here are some great tips for networking for introverts.
Hustle doesn’t refer to the disco dance craze of the 1970s. It has taken on new meaning – “to move or work in a quick and energetic way.”
But even Abe Lincoln was talking about hustling. He said, “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
How can you start hustling?
- Set one simple goal every week and stick to it!
- Help others. Although hustle sounds aggressive, it really just means to keep moving. When you do kind things without thinking about personal gain, you will find that they do pay off in the long-term.
- Learn to fail. Do not beat yourself up if an idea or a new hire doesn’t pan out. See Coach K’s tips on how to manage disappointment and failure.
So, as you spring clean your business, start meeting and moving! Even small quick steps will eventually help you walk that mile!
How have networking and hustling helped grow your business? Join us on Facebook and share your story!