You are a Model (A Role Model, That Is)
What to Write About the Day After the Election?
Although many political decisions affect women and small business owners, we have chosen to keep this site free of political discussions.
What is one thing you can do every day, regardless of who is living in that big white house?
Serve as a leader, inspiration, and role model to the women and men you surround yourself with every day in your business life!
I’m leading a workshop tomorrow at a summer camp conference. Then I’m going to a gathering of women of the summer industry. Many camp professionals have been chatting online about the impact that camp and counselors have on shaping kids’ views of teamwork, kindness to others, and overcoming challenges.
As women entrepreneurs, we are each in charge of our own “bunk.” Each of us is in a position to teach and inspire others to:
- Dream, have confidence, and pursue big ideas.
- Learn new skills.
- Teach them to be better leaders and conflict resolvers by modeling those behaviors.
- Have confidence, speak up, and be fearless in trying new things.
- Treat the different kids with love and respect. Everyone has a value.
- Create an atmosphere of fun and collaboration. And don’t forget to laugh each day.
So, as you go through your day today, try to forget about all the “stuff” that’s swirling around you and ask yourself, “What is ONE thing I can do to light a spark in someone else’s mind and soul?”
Of course, being a leader is always challenging. You may be sad, stressed, or simply clueless some days. But you have an obligation to put on your big girl pants (and maybe a cape) every morning and be that person others can count on to lead them through tough times.
We can’t change the world. But we can be those amazing counselors the girls want to grow up to be like!
Who inspires you? Please contact us or comment below!
And for more…
- Here are some great female role models.
- Read about how one of our sheBOOMers is inspiring girls to be their best selves through summer camp.
- Contact us if you’d like to schedule a one-hour sheBOOMer inspiration session on how to channel YOUR inner Supergirl.